Test the integration
To verify that the store is configured correctly, we recommend that you test your store before launching it into production. To activate test mode for your store, follow these steps:
- Go to your Wordpress account.
- Access your account Dashboard and click Plugins > Installed Plugins.
- In the plugin search engine, search for “Mercado Pago payments for WooCommerce”.
- Click Configure Plugin.
- Click 4. Test your store before selling to display the options.
- Under Choose how you want to run your store, select Test Mode.
- Click Save Changes to finish.
- Select the option I want to pay with Mercado Pago at no additional cost.
- Click order with mandatory payment to be redirected to the Mercado Pago payment environment.
- On the payment screen, choose to pay with a new credit card and use the test cards to make the payment. It is important not to log in to the Mercado Pago account or try to pay with cards for personal use.
- Add the information of the indicated test card (card number, CVV and expiration date).
- At the end of the purchase, you will be able to view, within Mercado Pago, proof that the purchase was made and you will be redirected back to the store.
Select the option I want to pay by credit card.
Choose to pay with a new credit card and use the test cards to make the payment. It is important not to pay with cards for personal use.
Add the indicated test card information (card number, CVV and expiration date).
Click order with payment required.
At the end of the purchase, you can see that the purchase has been approved.